Tuesday December 01, 2015

» Home

» About us

» K-9 Unit

» Office Personnel

» Investigations

» Our Deputies

» Sex Offenders

» FAQs

» Safety Items

Automobile Accidents

The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office does not investigate automobile accidents. If the accident happens in the county, call the Alabama Highway Patrol at 256-383-4212 or 911 if there are injuries.


Stray Dogs in the County

The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office does not collect stray dogs. It is the responsibility of the public to attempt to locate the owner of a stray dog.


Abused Animals

If you are aware of an abused animal in the county, ie: physically abused or left without sufficient food or water, call the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office at 256-760-5757 to report the condition.


Traffic Fines

To obtain information regarding a traffic citation, call the Circuit Court Clerk at 256-760-5732 between the hours of 8:00 and 11:00 am or 2:00 and 5:00 pm.


Report a Bad Check

To report bad checks, call the District Attorney's Office at 256-764-6351


Keys Locked Inside an Automobile

The Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office has had to discontinue the service of opening locked car doors due to the potential damage that can be caused to the mechanism inside the door by using an opening tool, unless there is a child locked inside or other like emergency.


Concealed Weapon Permit

In order to apply for a concealed weapon permit the applicant must be at least 21 years old, have no criminal record and have lived in Lauderdale County at least one year. The process requires a visit to the sheriff's office, located on the second floor of the Lauderdale County Court House, and complete an application. The application takes approximately ten days of processing. When the process is completed you will receive a letter informing you that your application has been approved or rejected. If approved, you may receive your permit in the Sheriff's Office for an annual fee of $10.